Thursday, July 7, 2011

Why do I love the Baker's Market in Vancouver?

Let me count the ways....the hustle and bustle of setting up, greeting all the bakers, the sweet smell of bakers' breads, cupcakes, tarts, cakes, macarons, cake pops and more!

The reason for putting on the Baker's Market in Vancouver is for the love of people sharing, but most importantly, getting excited about homemade goodies.



Ladies from the Ivy Oven

I love the creativity that the different bakers bring to the Baker's Market. Each week they bring whatever they enjoy baking. Their offerings are influenced by their multi-cultural backgrounds, childhood memories, family recipes, travels abroad, local produce and fruit or their favourite things.

I love to greet customers and chat them up about their favorite goodie or how they found out about the Baker's Market. Or where they are from. Perhaps from around the corner or from around the world. It's always so humbling and fulfilling for me to see customers take time out of their busy schedules to come the Baker's Market.



I love to see happy bakers, happy customers, smiley faces all around. How could you be sad when there is all this sweetness? Although the Baker's Market is ALOT OF HARD WORK for my entire family, I want to thank them from the bottom of my heart for all their tireless efforts and continued support. At the end of a Saturday, I'm happy to load up my trunk with all the goodies that I've traded and go home for a nice cup of afternoon tea. I always look forward to a bite of something new. It's all worthwhile.

__________________________________________________________________________

Next time you come to the market, take a moment to look around at all the baked goodies. The key ingredients for baking are usually flour, sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla, chocolate, shortening, lard, baking powder, baking sugar, salt.

But look at the myriad of items that the bakers offer...WOW is what I say every week.

Mark your calendars, come support our local bakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment