Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Baby brioche for mini grilled cheese sandwiches

I'm planning my BFF's baby shower and I was racking my brain on where to get brioche...but not just any kind of brioche...but mini loaves of brioche so that I can make Mini Grilled Cheese Sandwiches.

The theme is "mini everything" of course! I emailed my fave French baker in town, David of French Made Baking. Love the pun on the word "made" and the logo of the actual "french maid".


I know David because he participated at the Baker's Market in Vancouver previously as part of another bakery that he was working for. A few months later, he started his own baking business and now is busy as ever, selling at markets all around town.

He was kind enough to make me a sample and even drop if off at my doorstep, following my specific instructions of "please put it in a zip loc baggie and then another plastic bag and hand it from my mail box, so that the ants don't get to it before I do". This is amazing service that I did not expect, considering how busy he is and the price of gas these days!

It was the perfect size and tasted like heaven once it was toasted in the toaster over. I am proud to say that I had "commissioned a baker to bake bread for me". Just like how one would commission an artist for a painting. Baking is an art form and it's always good to make lots of friends in the art world.

ps I gobbled it up so fast that I forgot to take some photos...please check back in August for the actual baby shower photos...i'm sure you'll love the brioche photos.

***I just visited David's site today French Made Baking and found his lovely photo of the mini brioches that I asked him to make for me.




We are so excited to have David's support as one of our FEATURED VENDORS who will be at the Fall Baker's Market for all 10 Saturdays, starting from Oct. 1 - Dec. 22. Keep on baking....can't wait 'til Oct.

No comments:

Post a Comment