Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Must-have tools for baking French Macarons

Ever since I started baking French Macarons, I noticed that I no longer need to stock my cupboard with All purpose or A.P. flour any more since I am constantly running out to buy almond flour.



The key ingredients and tools that you'll need for baking French Macarons are:
INGREDIENTS

-almond flour, icing sugar, egg white, granulated sugar, water,

-coloring either Wilton Gel or dry powder

-depending on your recipe for the filling, you'll need: cream, butter, eggs, sugar, the best chocolate that you can buy, I use only Valrhona chocolate from France.

___________________

TOOLS:

-6 small bowls for the ingredients


-digital scale for measuring out the ingredients...no measuring cups needed

-a really good mixer ( I use a shiny fire engine red Kitchen Aid mixer that I had on my wedding registry...really the only thing that I desperately wanted)


-a large food processor that holds 8-12 cups

-a large 12" sieve

-digital thermometer

-heat resistant spatula

-stiff bowl scraper

- 2 large mixing bowls

1 pot

An oven that bakes evenly...hopefully.

__________________________________

-parchment paper

-black steel French baking sheet pans

-pastry bag

-round piping tip

__________________________

wire racks for cooling

large flat covered plastic re--useabble containers for storing the completed French Macarons

______________________

If you want to make macarons, it is a serious investment in equipment and most importantly, TIME.

No comments:

Post a Comment