Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Great Balls Potluck Dinner Party

What's your take on potluck dinners? Personally, I think that they can be alot of fun if you have great participation on everyone's part....read as: if everyone puts at least some thought and effort into the dish that they are bringing. They are even more fun if there's a theme to it. Such as the BACON party that we did last year. We asked everyone to bring a dish that had bacon in it.

We had bacon corn bread, corn & bacon chowder soup, pasta with bacon and lots more...but the most inventive one was popcorn drenched in bacon fat and white cheese. It was absolutely lip-smacking! It was even better 'cause it was made by our friend who's day job is as a dentist...but his after hours hobby is to devour anything and everything in sight.

(SORRY NO PHOTOS from this event since we were all busy pigging out on the Bacon dishes)

Recently on Eat St. (a TV program) I was excited to learn about Bacon Jam or Spread from Skillet in Seattle. I've emailed my BFF who lives in Seattle to score me a jar...I'm going to be salivating for the next week, anxiously awaiting her arrival.

I've already given my friends the "heads-up" about the next party in October this year. It's going to be The Great Balls Party! Yep, you heard me...GREAT BALLS...so you can interpret that as spaghetti and meatballs, Jewish matzo balls, Chinese curry fish balls, Japanese Takoyaki balls, Vietnamese beef balls, watermelon balls, donut holes, cake balls or anything else you can think of.

I'd love to hear your suggestions of what you'd bring to this party.
Or if you have your own Great Balls party, be sure to share with us your great ideas!

1 comment:

  1. No suggestions on "great balls"...except that someone needs to come up with a meatball flambe recipe so you can have "great balls of fire"!

    But I made a fantastic bacon popcorn for a party a few months ago...it was devoured! It had bacon, pretzels, parmesan, and green onions. http://www.jollytime.com/recipes/show?article_id=4217

    ReplyDelete